- Adrian and Henrietta Marrie have developed a unique tool to identify, measure, and monitor institutional racism in Australia.
- Institutional racism is a recognised problem in Australia, but there is no program to reduce institutional racism and its influence on the health of Australia’s First Peoples.
- The Marrie Institutional Racism Matrix (MIRM) was developed in 2014, and has been updated and revised in 2017 to become the Bukal Institutional Racism Matrix or BIRM.
- Currently Australia’s human rights agencies, while recognising the existence of institutional racism are not able to effectively deal with it. The Matrix may offer a way forward in addressing this complex form of discrimination.
- Download the two page introduction written by Adrian and Henrietta Marrie.