I am a leading advocate for the transparency and accountability in the governance of food and nutrition policy for Australia’s peoples.
This advocacy is through two Freedom of Information applications that resulted in the release of a 1) Scoping paper to develop Australia’s National Nutrition Policy, and 2) Review of the National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Nutrition Strategy and Action Plan 2000-2010. See the blogs below, and download the reports from the links below.
- Lock, M. (2016). “Released – Scoping Study for an Australian National Nutrition Policy.” Retrieved 14 July, 2016, from https://croakey.org/released-scoping-study-for-an-australian-national-nutrition-policy/
- Lock, M. (2015). “Shame and disgrace in the governance of food and nutrition policy for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples.” Retrieved 22 Sept, 2015, from http://blogs.crikey.com.au/croakey/2015/07/01/shame-and-disgrace-in-the-governance-of-food-and-nutrition-policy-for-aboriginal-and-torres-strait-islander-peoples/.
LinkedIn Blogs on Nutrition Governance
- Australia Snubs UN Decade of Action on Nutrition http://www.linkedin.com/pulse/australia-snubs-un-decade-action-nutrition-mark-lock?trk=mp-author-card
- Stewardship of Nutrition Governance – Invisible Stewards on Secret Committees http://www.linkedin.com/pulse/stewardship-nutrition-governance-invisible-stewards-mark-lock?trk=mp-author-card
- Leadership in Nutrition Governance http://www.linkedin.com/pulse/leadership-nutrition-governance-mark-lock?trk=mp-author-card
- Governance in Nutrition Policy – who is accountable for the stalled development of the national nutrition policy? http://www.linkedin.com/pulse/governance-nutrition-policy-who-accountable-stalled-mark-lock?trk=mp-author-card
- Governance in National Nutrition Policy – FOI Request Highlights lack of Transparency https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/governance-national-nutrion-policy-foi-request-highlights-mark-lock?published=u