Improving cultural safety through healthcare governance
This initiative of Committix Pty Ltd aims to discuss the significance of cultural safety for Australian healthcare governance. Join this group for discussion and news at Facebook – Cultural Safety & Security. The header image mash-up for the FB group shows the flags from First Peoples Nations around the world.
An Australian definition of cultural safety
Cultural safety is an environment that is spiritually, socially and emotionally safe, as well as physically safe for people; where there is no assault, challenge or denial of their identity, of who they are and what they need. It is about shared respect, shared meaning, shared knowledge and experience of learning together. Robyn Williams.
Australian Healthcare – Cultural Safety Articles
Publications by Committix Pty Ltd
Read the annual publication – Australian Healthcare Governance and the Cultural Safety and Security of Australia’s First Peoples: An Annual Critique (No.1).
Dr Mark J Lock is available to improve the cultural safety of your organisation’s governance processes by academic review, committee audit, and resource development. This involves:
- finding your corporate governance documents and analysing them for vision and mission alignment,
- constructing a governance map of the points and pathways in your organisation’s decision-making structure,
- workshopping the meaning and nature of cultural safety for you, your staff, and your consumers,
- providing academic reports to a publishable standard, and
- developing a strategy and action plan to enable cultural safety through corporate governance.